Saturday, January 28, 2012

Subway Art

Here are some pictures of the subway art I made for the nursery.  I used my silhouette cameo to design the subway art and cut out the vinyl.  The blocks are 12x12's.  I went to Lowes and purchased a 36"x12" board and then I had a worker cut it down into thirds for me at the store.  I sanded and painted the squares and then applied the vinyl.  They were surprisingly easy to make and I am very happy with the results.  I can't wait to get them hung in the nursery.  I purchased my vinyl here for a totally affordable price.  I used my little book of instructions that came with some supplies I purchased for my silhouette to aid me in the vinyl process.  Since I'm lazy and don't prefer to do my own tutorials, I looked one up for anyone who is interested in making and applying their own vinyl and here is a decent one I found.  You can also find tutorials on vinyl cutting and applying with the use of other machines such as Cricut or Quick Cutz (spelling?).  I saw some while I was searching for the tutorial I placed on here.  Anywho, I wanted to keep the theme going for the nursery, so in the true fashion of The Very Hungry Caterpillar, I made my art as a reference to a caterpillars life.  Enjoy!



1 comment: