Monday, January 30, 2012

XOXO Subway Art

Saw this idea floating around the internet, so I made it happen.  I used a 12"x12" piece of wood.  I used acrylic paint and the color is antique white.  The font is consolas and the size is 288.0.  Used my cameo to cut out the vinyl, but I've seen other ways this can be done by using canvas and spray paint.  Here is a tutorial on the canvas option: http://www.craftaholicsanonymous.net/2012/01/xoxo-canvas-tutorial-free-printable.html If you want to do it the same way I did, all you need is a 12"x12" cut of wood, paint color of your choice, sand paper, vinyl and a digital cutting tool.  Sand the wood down, clean the surface, apply a few coats of paint (letting each coat dry before applying the next), cut out your vinyl and apply it to the painted wood.  Super easy and fast Valentines Day craft.  I supplied it on a previous post, but here is a link to a tutorial on applying vinyl using a Cameo.

No comments:

Post a Comment