Sunday, February 5, 2012

"Every Love Story..." Picture Frame

 First off, let me appologize about the glare from the flash on my camera.  Still trying to figure that one out.  I did take a second picture at an angle to avoid the glare, but I like how it looks better front facing, so I decided to post the one with the glare anyway.  Okay, how to make it!

I went to the dollar store and bought an 11"x14" picture frame.  Removed the glass and cardboard backing from the frame and proceeded to paint the frame with black acrylic paint.  I used my cameo to print off the vinyl lettering in a font I found endearing (LD Petticoat Black) and then made sure to clean the glass really good.  After the glass was completely dry, I carefully placed the vinyl in the desired location and applied it.  Be very careful when placing vinyl on glass, it sticks like crazy!  For the back ground, I used the cardboard backing that came with the picture frame and just taped patterned paper of my choice to it.  I used three different patterned sheets and layered them.  Once the frame is finished drying, you can put the frame back together.  On a side note, once the frame is put back together, the vinyl lettering should be on the OUTSIDE of the picture.  You should be able to touch it with your hand.  I left a gap between the phrases so that I could add some embelishments.  I wrapped pink crochet thread around the entire frame, taped it to the back and then taped a little heart to the thread on the left hand side.  I LOVE how it turned out.  So does the hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment