Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Nativity Finger Puppets

I made a set of these for each of my and my husbands siblings inlcuding our immediate family and his mother.  That's eight total.  Yeah, it was work, but so worth it!  A few years back, my grandmother sent our family a tiny little bag with 5 finger puppets.  It included Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus, a cow, and an angel; this is where my inspiration came from.  I wanted to make something kids could enjoy, so I got to searching for a kid friendly book about the nativity.  I found one that looked promising (pictured a few pictures below) and I ordered them.  I waited till they arrived so that I could make the characters match those in the book.  They seriously turned out better then I had hoped.  And what was even more exciting for me was the fact that for the first time in my life, I made my very own patterns!  I kept the measurements of the bag I made, outlines of the puppets and everything so I can make them again and again.  I'm up in the air about sharing the pattern (not that I could right now anyway because I don't know how to upload it) because I'm very strongly considering starting up an account on Etsy and selling them.  Obviously the book would be sold seperately, but still, I think it has potential.  check them out:

The Wise Men
The animals
 The shephards
 Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus
 The Book
The Star
My husband gave me the genius idea to sew a pocket on the back of the bag in order to keep the book and puppets together.  Yeah, we make a good team.
 Cute right!?  I LOVE it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment